Young Artists Concert Series | série virtuelle de concerts de Jeunes artistes
The Canadian Viola Society is accepting submissions for a new virtual “Young Artists Concert Series.”
The purpose of this new YACS venture is to offer young, aspiring violists an opportunity to connect with the CVS, their peers, teachers and professionals all across Canada and encourage positive participation from everyone.
● Open to all Canadian citizens and any student who has been living and studying in Canada for the past two years
● The Young Artist must be a member in good standing of the Canadian Viola Society.
● The concert series is open to violists up to the age of 30 at time of submission or full-time students of any age. The
CVS would like to showcase great music and performances!
● It is very important that you follow all applicable Covid Protocol Guidelines as set by your
Province, City, or Region.
● Repertoire choice is up to the individual in consultation with your teacher. We encourage
you to consider works by Canadian composers, as well as selections that amplify the voices of underrepresented composers, in regards to gender, race, or sexual orientation.
● When recording your submission:
○ please introduce yourself and where you are from
○ briefly explain in two or three sentences why you chose this repertoire
○ total duration should be 10 to 15 minutes including your spoken introduction
● Please use the highest quality audio and video recording equipment available to you.
Your submission, if chosen, will be part of the inaugural CVS “Young Artist
Concert Series” virtual performance as you have sent it and may also be featured on CVS social media.
● The deadline for this submission is May 20th, 11:59 pm EST.
● The Concert will be premiered online, TBA.
● Preference may be given to Young Artists who have not previously been showcased in the YACS.
● Please send the link to download your video submission, WeTransfer preferred, to email@example.com and write in the subject line: “YACS Submission.” Please include your name, location, and repertoire in the body of the email.
la Société Canadienne de l’Alto accepte les candidatures pour une nouvelle série virtuelle de concerts de Jeunes artistes
Le but de cette nouvelle initiative SCJA/YACS est d’offrir aux jeunes altistes l’occasion de se rapprocher de la SCA/CVS, de leurs pairs, de leurs enseignants et de professionnels partout au Canada et d’encourager une participation positive de tous.